Have you ever thought about using natural stone in Nashville, TN but ditched the idea for something that looked a little easier to work with? Or did you think natural stone was too expensive? Or too over-the-top?
If so, we’d like to offer you some reasons why you might have been wrong. Natural stone is actually one of the best materials to use for building a landscape or a home or a fixture. And here’s why.
1. It’s Fascinating Have you ever driven past a house built with natural stone? Or walked down a natural stone pathway in a Nashville, TN park? You probably felt something without realizing it — that feeling of pleasure you get when something is aesthetically pleasing. And it’s no wonder. Natural stone is made up of so many different specimens of rock that each time it’s used, you can’t help but look a little closer. Now that’s a building material worth investing in!
2. It’s Ecological and Environmentally Friendly You might be surprised to learn that natural stone is found in nature already in finished form (or nearly so). This means that the only damage done to the earth in harvesting natural stone is in mining it, and even this is minimal compared to other building materials. And that’s not all. Because natural stone is already, well, natural, it doesn’t contain pollutants like the VOCs of vinyl or other materials. This makes natural stone not only good for the environment, but good for the health of humans, too.
3. It’s Unique You’ve probably already guessed how unique natural stone is. The truth is that no other building material out there has as many different colors and structures as natural stone — and these occur naturally. This makes natural stone very versatile, useful for all the new structures going up in Nashville, from condos to office buildings. It’s so unique that the Natural Stone Council made a video about the value of genuine stone — and a list of stones and their common uses. If we were you, we’d use that list to show us the best stone choices for our next project.
4. It’s Practical and Durable This is also pretty obvious. The idea that stone is hard is not a new one. Ever been hit by a stray rock from a car going by (or an unruly neighborhood kid)? It hurts! But when it comes to your home and landscape, that’s a good thing. Natural stone is basically there forever. It barely shows signs of use even decades after installation. And it ages well, kind of like good wine. In fact, it actually improves with age: natural stone develops a natural patina over time. On top of that, natural stone is easy to clean and maintain — an excellent feature for any Nashville homeowner.
5. It’s Attractively Priced Finally, we come to the bottom line for most consumers: price. It’s good news, then, that while natural stone can’t be the cheapest material out there (what genuine product can?), it isn’t outrageously expensive either. In fact, according to the Affordability section of this information page, improvements in quarrying technology have made natural stone more affordable for everyone. And if you think about it for the long run, natural stone is going to last so long with so little maintenance that it will end up costing the same as a cheaper material that needs to be replaced over time.
Convinced of the virtues of natural stone yet? If you’re in the Nashville, TN area, natural stone is easy to find and use, so it’s easy to get started. But if you’re still on the fence about it, check out more reasons to use natural stone on this website.
Do you have natural stone in your home?
Whether you’re thinking of just buying some natural stepping-stones for your garden or adding an entire stone-paved patio, natural stone is obviously the way to go. Since natural stone in Nashville, TN is so easy to come by, we bet you’ll be getting some very soon!
Do you have natural stone in your home or landscape already? If you were the one to install it, we’d like to know your story. Did you find it easy to work with? Are you glad you chose to use it instead of a cheap alternative? Leave a comment below, and we’ll respond right away!